The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory for the Inland Empire in effect beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 30 through 8:00 p.m. on Monday, September 5. Temperatures are expected to reach up to 103 degrees in Chino.
The National Weather Service encourages residents to avoid the heat, if possible, and provides these preparedness actions:
- Drink plenty of fluids
- ️Stay in an air-conditioned room
- ️Check up on relatives and neighbors
- Dress for the heat- lightweight and light colored clothing
- Avoid dehydrating alcoholic, sugary, or caffeinated drinks
- Eat small meals and eat more often
- ️Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
- ️Reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening
The Neighborhood Activity Center (NAC), Senior Center and Preserve Community Center will be open as Cooling Centers.
- NAC (5201 D Street) open from Tu-F 9:00am-8:00pm / Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Senior Center (13170 Central Avenue) open from Mon 10:00am-4:00pm / Tu-Th 8:00am-7:00pm / F 8:00am-6:00pm / Sat 8:00am-4:00pm / Sun 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Preserve Community Center (15800 Main Street) open from Tu, W, F 3:00pm-8:00pm / Th 1:00pm - 8:00pm / Sat 9:00am-1:00pm .
All ages are welcome and minors must be accompanied by a guardian at all times. For more information, please call 909-334-3260.