- Human Resources / Risk Management
- Employment Opportunities
The City of Chino invites qualified and motivated individuals to join its team of well-trained professionals who are committed to providing quality service to those who live, visit, and do business in Chino.
View Available Employment Opportunities at NeoGov, the City's Online Application Management System.
The City of Chino is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful under any federal, state or local laws.
The City of Chino is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at (909) 334-3274 or via email at HR@Cityofchino.org.
- All notifications, including interview and testing invites, are sent electronically. Be sure to monitor your email account (including spam folders) to check for important recruitment updates and notifications.
- Applications may be rejected if they are incomplete.
- A resume may be attached to your application but may not be submitted in lieu of an online City application.
- All potential employees are required to undergo a criminal history review and a pre-employment physical examination and drug screening prior to being hired. The City supports a drug-free workplace.
- For positions requiring a Typing Certificate, please refer to our Typing Certificate Requirements page.
Human Resources / Risk Management
13220 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
Phone: : 909-334-3274Fax: : 909-334-3726
Recruitment & Hiring Process
- Only completed applications are reviewed by Human Resources and the hiring department, and the most qualified applicants are selected for testing and/or an interview.
- Testing may include a written exam, an oral exam and/or a practical (demonstration) exam, depending on the position.
- Interviews generally consist of a formal panel, with 2 to 3 individuals serving as raters.
- Candidates are notified of test and interview results by email.
- Candidates who pass their test and/or interview are placed on an eligibility list which is sent to the hiring department for further consideration.
- Finalist/second interviews are then done by the hiring department to assist in making their final selection.
- Human Resources begins the hiring and onboarding process.
- Upon selection of a candidate, previous and current employment is verified. Higher education degrees and/or required certifications are also verified as part of the hiring process. Professional references may also be contacted.
- A background check and formal review is conducted for certain positions within the Police Department.
- Upon successful completion of the above steps, a Conditional Offer of Employment will be presented. This Offer will outline the exact title and salary that the candidate is being offered.
- Upon acceptance of the Offer, the candidate will undergo a criminal fingerprint check and Pre-Employment Physical Examination, which includes a drug screen. Some Police Department positions require additional examinations, such as a polygraph and psychological examination. These examinations are used in determining the candidate's suitability for the position.
- Upon administrative review and approval, a final offer of employment is made and the hiring department will coordinate with the candidate as to the start date, reporting place and time.
- Human Resources works with candidate/potential new employee prior to start date to collect pertinent forms and coordinate onboarding process.