The site selection process includes evaluating your needs and then determining what sites might work best for your type of business. The process typically includes looking at several real estate sites for purchase or lease. In addition the process of researching national, state, regional and local, tax incentives that might be available to assist in the cost of starting your business.
Site selection considerations should begin early in the development process and play a significant role in final decision making. The process includes the following steps:
- Define the type of site for your business need
- Evaluate the city for the best location
- Create short list of sites in the city
- Real estate analysis of potential locations
- Determine if you qualify for any tax incentives
- Confirm with planning that your site is correct for your business type