The Chino Police Department offers residents the opportunity to have their home checked when they are away on vacation. There is no fee for this service and the resident can utilize the service for up to 90 days. Please note that vacation checks are conducted based on availability of staffing and calls for service. It is not a guarantee your home will be checked daily and it is important that you secure your residence prior to departing.
The following criteria must be met to participate in the Chino Police Department's Vacation Check program:
- The home must be in Chino.
- The home must currently be lived in. Homes that are vacant, undergoing construction or renovation, or are empty do not qualify.
- The home cannot be occupied during the vacation checks by a relative or someone house sitting.
- Information must be provided regarding authorized visitors going to the home for purposes of feeding pets, watering plants, etc.
- Emergency contact information must be provided for the vacationing family and for someone local in case of an emergency.
To schedule a vacation check, please call the Records Unit front desk at 909-334-3001 between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.