Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The City of Chino is accepting applications for a one-time rental assistance grant for up to 3 months of rent for eligible households.
Applications are accepted on a first-come basis until funding has been depleted. Applications can be submitted in person to Chino City Hall (13220 Central Avenue) or by mail to City of Chino, Community Services Department, 13201 Central Avenue, Chino CA 91710.
- Applicant must be a Chino Resident.
- Income eligible based on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
2021 Income Limits
|Number of People Living in Household||80% of Area Median Income|
- Experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Current residential lease agreement
- Applications must be complete when submitted or will be returned.
Duplication of Benefits
All applicants shall certify under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State of California, that they are not able to receive other federal or non-federal benefits or rental assistance for a specified period of time.
For More Information
For more information, please call 909-334-3288 or send us an email.
CDBG Guides and Applications
- Who can apply for assistance?
City of Chino residents.
- Are there other eligibility criteria?
Yes, residents must meet income qualifications and financial impacts must be as a result of COVID-19, must have current rent/lease agreement.
- What are examples of COVID-19 impacts?
Examples included, but are not limited to, loss of employment, reduction of work hours, reduced wages, medical expenses due to COVID-19.
- How much financial assistance is available?
Up to 3 months of rental payments.
- Is the assistance a loan or a grant?
It is a grant.
- How can I apply and what information is needed?
Complete the Emergency Rental Assistance Application (found on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program page), income documentation, rental/lease agreement, proof of COVID-19 financial impact required. A full list of requirements is on the application.
Applications are available for pick up at City Hall, Carolyn Owens Building and on the City website.
- How do I submit my application packet?
By mail or in person.
Submit applications in person at:
- Chino City Hall - Development Services Department - 13220 Central Avenue, Chino
- Carolyn Owens Building - Community Services Department - 13201 Central Avenue, Chino
Mail your application to:
City of Chino
Community Services Department
13201 Central Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
- How will applications be processed?
Funds are limited. Therefore, applications will be accepted, date stamped and processed in the order received.
- How soon will I know if I am approved?
Staff will review applications and respond within 14 calendar days, or earlier. If your application is incomplete, you will be given 7 calendar days to submit the missing paperwork.
- If I am approved, are grant funds sent directly to me?
No. In accordance with HUD rules, City staff will pay your landlord/property management company directly.